Residents Free Days may be affected by the COVID-19 situation. Please check https://www.culturalpartnership.org/updates for the latest information on closures, operating hours, and other details.
Park museums offer free general admission on a rotating basis throughout each month to residents of the City and County of San Diego, and to active military personnel and their dependents.
Some museums may offer complimentary admission to their permanent collections only and charge admission to special exhibitions, attractions, films, showings and events.
Due to large crowds and for visitor safety, access for organized groups and strollers may be restricted. Tour groups/organized groups should refer to individual organization websites for scheduling information and supervisor/chaperone ratios required.
Please be prepared to present a photographic ID with your address.
- Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Natural History Museum (Not valid for films)
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Art (Not valid for special exhibitions)
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Mingei International Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- The Comic-Con Museum (Not valid for "Beyond Amazing: Spider-Man - The Exhibition." This special exhibit is an extra charge)
- Regular admission prices are in effect
Some museums may offer complimentary admission to their permanent collections only and charge for admission to special exhibitions, showings, and events. Please call individual museums for information.
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at most museums, but some museums have different minimum ages that require an adult. Please verify the minimum age for the museums you wish to visit.
Dates and operating hours are subject to change WITHOUT NOTICE. Please check with individual venues if you have any questions.