The historic Balboa Park Club building was first constructed for the 1915 Panama-California Exposition to house the state of New Mexico's exhibits. It was later remodeled and enlarged for the 1935 California Pacific International Exposition. It was during this period that sculptor Frederick Schweigardt and painter Belle Baraceneau created their striking fountain and mural which adorn the building's grand foyer.
Balboa Park is a large open space park with gardens, museums, performing arts and playgrounds. Many large events are held in the Park each year, and will take place at various venues throughout the Park, and its buildings. Please see the event posting for specific details.
Located in Golden HIll Park.
Located on the south end of the 28th Street Park.
Located on Russ Road, near the baseball fields.
Located at the Club House.
Located at the Grape Street Off-leash Dog Park.
Located at the entrance of the Morley Field Disc Golf Course.
Located near the Morley Field Playground and the baseball fields.
Near the Bird Park at Upas Street.