The Marston House Garden, a formal English Romantic-style garden with California influences, represents a slice of San Diego history. The formal garden was designed by Hal Walker and William Templeton Johnson in 1927 and is located on the 4.5 acre grounds of the George White and Anna Gunn Marston House, a beautiful example of the Arts and Crafts style.
Kate Sessions was the horticultural consultant when the first trees were planted in 1906, and many of these mature trees are still on the grounds. The formal garden was completed for the Marston's 50th anniversary in 1927. It includes a pergola, tea house, formal flower beds and more than 600 blooming plants.
The formal English-style romantic flower beds of the Marston House Garden