What Will You Explore?
With Balboa Park Explorer, you can explore the rich cultural and artistic offerings of Balboa Park in an exclusive and affordable way. Rather than pay different admission rates at each museum, you can choose from our convenient Annual, One-Day or Multi-Day Explorer Pass options, saving you time and money!
- Admission to ALL 16 Museums.
- Exclusive monthly special events taking you backstage and behind-the-scenes at your favorite museums, theaters, and gardens.
- Access to special deals and promotions with partner organization throughout San Diego getting you exclusive discounts on events, classes, shows, and more!
- Tailored newsletters keeping you up to date on the latest happenings in the Park.
This affordable pass lets you decide what you want to explore when you want to explore it for 365 days with no blackout dates. In addition to an Annual Pass being the best value, it also enables you to give back to the arts and sciences all year long, with every single Explorer Annual Pass admission helping to fund the institutions you visit here in the Park!
Family - $229 (up to 2 adults, up to 4 children ages 3-17)
Adults (age 18+) - $129
Senior (age 65+) - $99
Student (full-time students) - $99
Your Annual Explorer is valid from the date of purchase. When ordering online select "Print At Home" to print your Temporary Seven-Day Explorer. The Temporary Explorer will allow access to all the venues while your permanent cards are processed. Your permanent cards will be mailed to the address provided within seven days. Your Annual Explorer is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Please Note: Children under the age of 3 do not require a ticket to enter any of the seventeen participating museums. General admission only. Named individual must present card. Photo ID required for adults. Not valid for certain events, special exhibitions, programs and some films. Non-transferable. Special exhibitions and film costs are determined by each individual museum.
Your Explorer passes are valid at the following organizations:
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Air and Space Museum
- San Diego Art Institute
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- San Diego Museum of Man
- theNAT (San Diego Natural History Museum)
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum and Memorial Center
- WorldBeat Center
This pass entitles you to one admission to your choice of
up to 5 participating Balboa Park museums. Pass is valid for one day only, on the day of first use.
Adult (age 13+) - $45
Child (age 3-12) - $26
One admission to each of the 16 participating Balboa Park museums. Pass is valid for 7 consecutive days, beginning with the day of first use.
Adult (age 13+) - $55
Child (age 3-12) - $29
Please Note: Children under the age of 3 do not require a ticket to enter any of the seventeen participating museums. Not valid for events, special exhibitions, programs and some films. Special exhibitions and film costs are determined by each individual museum.
Your One-Day and Multi-Day Explorer must be used within one year of purchase. When ordering online select "Print At Home" to print your One-Day and Multi-Day Explorer tickets. The printed tickets will allow access to any of the participating organizations.
The following special exhibitions require additional admission fees:
- Art Alive 2017, The San Diego Museum of Art
- Climb the California Tower, San Diego Museum of Man
- IMAX® and digital films, Fleet Science Center
- Cannibals: Myth & Reality, San Diego Museum of Man
- Be The Astromaut, San Diego Air & Space Museum
- Louis M Schmidt "Persons Unknown" and San Diego Potters/ Japanese Influences, Japanese Friendship Garden
- Sherlock Holmes and the Clocktower Mystery, Fleet Science Center
- Ultimate Dinosaurs, theNAT