Give the Gift of Balboa Park for the Holidays
Our 7-day Passport to Balboa Park is an ideal gift for residents and visitors alike. The Passport booklet includes a one-time admission coupon to each of 14 museums, and seven consecutive days in which to visit the museums you choose. Holiday certificates may be purchased at the Balboa Park Visitors Center, at participating museums.
Each holiday certificate comes with festive gift packaging and a Park brochure. Certificates may be redeemed at the Balboa Park Visitors Center (open 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily; closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day) and there is no expiration date. Certificates are redeemed for date-stamped Passport booklets.
Child: $27 (12 and under – see **note below)
Choose from the following attractions for your Passport to Balboa Park experience:
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (admission includes one IMAX film)
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Art Institute - Museum of the Living Artist
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Hall of Champions Sports Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- Holiday Certificates valid for 7-day Adult and Child Passport only. Zoo not included.
- Some museums are closed Mondays, and operating hours vary. The San Diego Museum of Art is closed Wednesdays.
- Passports are nonrefundable.
- Instruments of Torture at the San Diego Museum of Man, and How Things Fly at the San Diego Air & Space Museum are not included with the Passport - separate admission is required and is discounted with the Passport. Admission to the permanent collections of each museum is included. Future special museum exhibitions may be subject to a separate admission fee.
- Certificates will be on sale at the Visitors Center and participating museums through December 31, 2012.
- Child Passports are value-priced based on discounted admission rates at ten of the fourteen museums listed above. Four of the museums (San Diego Model Railroad Museum, Museum of Photographic Arts, SDAI – Museum of the Living Artist and Veterans Museum) offer free admission to kids up to age 12 with adult admission. Because many museums also offer free admission to very young children, the Child Passport is recommended for ages 6-12. For admission prices of individual museums, visit the unique websites of the participating attractions.