Passport to Balboa Park
The Passport to Balboa Park, San Diego's best cultural value, offers visitors the chance to experience 14 museums in the Park, with significant savings and the convenience of a one-time purchase.
The regular Passport includes a one-time admission coupon to each of the 14 museums, and the coupon booklet is valid for seven consecutive days. Please note: museum admission coupons are each good for one visit only.
The Passport/Zoo Combo includes the Passport to Balboa Park plus a one-day admission ticket to the San Diego Zoo, all for one low price.
Choose any 5 of the 14 museums listed below on the same day, for only $43! Available for purchase online, at the Balboa Park Visitors Center and at participating museums.
Important Notes about the Passport ticket options:
- The Zoo is not included in the regular Passport to Balboa Park or the Stay-for-the-Day pass. A Passport/Zoo Combo is offered at the Balboa Park Visitors Center, some museums and online.
- Some museums are closed Mondays, and The San Diego Museum of Art is closed on Wednesdays. Operating hours vary.
- Passports are nonrefundable
- Special exhibitions may be subject to an additional entrance fee. Passport to Balboa Park holders may purchase discounted admission tickets for special exhibitions at the museum admissions desks. Please show current Passport to Balboa Park ticket to receive discounted ticket price. Passport to Balboa Park is valid for all other permanent and/or traveling exhibitions at participating museums.
- Note: The Instruments of Torture at the Museum of Man, Real Pirates at the Natural History Museum, and Ripley's Believe It or Not! at the Air & Space Museum are current special exhibitions that are not included with the Passport – separate admission is required and is discounted with the Passport and day pass.
- For your convenience, passes may be purchased online before your visit, or you may purchase tickets at the Balboa Park Visitors Center and at participating museums (not sold at the Zoo) on the day of your visit. Printed vouchers for online purchases are redeemed for the actual tickets at the Balboa Park Visitors Center.
Choose from the following attractions for your Passport to Balboa Park or Stay-for-the-Day experience:
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (admission includes one IMAX film)
- San Diego Art Institute - Museum of the Living Artist
- San Diego Hall of Champions Sports Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Museum of Man
- The San Diego Museum of Art
Enjoy a family Balboa Park adventure!
Passport to Balboa Park and the Passport/Zoo combo are also available for children ages 3-12, for savings and convenience for families. Passports for children are value-priced based on discounted admission rates at eleven of the fourteen museums listed above. Three of the museums (Museum of Photographic Arts, SDAI - Museum of the Living Artist and the Veterans Museum) offer free admission to children up to age 12 with adult admission. Because many museums also offer free admission to very young children, the Child Passport is recommended for ages 6-12. For admission prices of individual museums, please visit the unique websites of the participating attractions.
- Passport to Balboa Park: $53 for adults, $29 for children
- Passport/Zoo Combo: $89 for adults, $52 for children
- Stay-for-the-Day excursion pass (adult only): 5 museums for $43
Prices subject to change.
For information about Passport to Balboa Park group sales, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-231-1640 or visit our group travel page. We request a minimum of four business days to arrange for group sales purchases.