Balboa Park Conservancy
Welcome to Balboa Park, the iconic and beloved destination that serves San Diego’s community, forges our regional identity and inspires global appreciation. Please join the Balboa Park Conservancy as we seek to work with all who love and care about Balboa Park to continuously improve this natural treasure for generations to come.
Mission: To keep Balboa Park magnificent by sustaining and enhancing its beauty and its historic, cultural, and recreational character for the enduring enjoyment of all.
Vision: To enable a destination where visitors are inspired, enriched, educated and wish to return regularly; To provide a place of excitement and imagination known throughout the world as the “jewel” of the San Diego region; to ensure a haven for reflection, inspiration and innovation: unique worldwide in its diversity of programs and activities. This vision embraces three overarching goals for action by The Conservancy:
- Sustainability: The Conservancy will assume a leadership role in seeking solutions to improving and enhancing the Park for the use of future generations of visitors.
- Accessibility: The Conservancy will take ownership for ensuring that access to, from and within the Park is improved and
- Possibility: The Conservancy will create a process to keep the Park interesting and entertaining to visitors by seeking and using cutting edge ideas and technology to continually renew the visitor experience.
- Collaboration – through working with all Park stakeholders to maintain, improve and enhance the Park
- Transparency: through dialogue with the San Diego community/region including private and public participants
- Understanding of and respect for the whole of the Park: through identification of priorities and projects, both large and small, that can be accomplished in a timely and effective manner
We invite you to view our current signature project: Rehabilitation and Restoration of the Botanical Building. Help Balboa Park Conservancy restore the Botanical Building to its original splendor on its fundraising page!