Fourteen Balboa Park museums to offer free admission to kids in October
It’s a good time to renew that offer to babysit your nieces and nephews.
Next month, 14 Balboa Park organizations will offer free admission (with coupon) to children ages 12 and under as part of the San Diego Museum Council’s annual Kids Free in October campaign. Other special free and low-cost programs will be offered as part of the broader Fall for the Arts collaboration organized by the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture.
Balboa Park museums participating in Kids Free in October include:
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Marston House Museums and Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (galleries only)
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
Visitors just need to download and print a coupon from the Museum Council’s site to receive free admission for up to two kids with a paid adult. The San Diego Zoo also offers free admission to kids in October in honor of the Zoo’s founding in October 1916.
If you're coming from out of town, we suggest a stay at one of the family-friendly hotels that sponsor BalboaPark.org.
Photo courtesy of the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center